- 100% natural ingredients - essential oils and colorants from the earth
- 100% organic, unrefined vegetable oils – their vitamins and natural skin healing properties are maintained through lack of modification
- Handmade in small batches in San Francisco, Ca
- Plastic-free, cruelty-free, gluten-free & vegan
- Free of palm oil and other environmentally destructive ingredients, parabens, sulfites, preservatives, petroleum-based ingredients, silicones, SLS, phthalates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, detergents or chemical additives (phew!)
- Soap wrapping is made from 100% compostable tree-free agricultural waste and sealed with homemade biodegradable glue. Please compost or recycle.
- Shipping materials are reused, recyclable paper and kraft boxes
- Our soap is handmade using traditional Bastille, cold processing technique in which olive oil, coconut oil, sodium hydroxide (lye) and water are mixed and set in molds to saponify (literal term for oils and butters turning into soap).
- In true Bastille style, our recipe is made with 70%+ olive oil and cures for 4-6 weeks.
- Why do we love this method? It does not require additional cooking or heat which helps to preserve the essential, skin-loving properties of the raw ingredients we use and makes the process more environmentally friendly! This way of curing also ensures the soap reaches gentle pH levels and super fatting of oils. Good things come to those who wait!
- Our soaps are 5% super fatted which means 5% of the olive and coconut oils do not turn into soap, and instead are left to moisturize, soften and soothe your skin! We think this makes us superior to your standard commercial soap. *wink wink*
- We grow a majority of our flowers and herbs used in all our products! You know that Calendula bar? That is all grown in our Healdsburg and San Francisco garden, dried, infused in olive oil and then made into soap!
- Our products contain only essential oils for scent and clays, herb and botanicals for color and added loveliness.
*Benefiting the planet and your skin one bar at a time*